Tuesday 30 September 2008

My Big Fat Greek Dinner Party.

Pesky real life keeps getting in the way of important things, like blogging and 'Net surfing in general, so for all of you that asked, or provided suggestions, here is a pictorial of last weeks Big Fat Greek Dinner Party. Contrary to many suggestions, I DID go for a Greek theme, with a twist.


King island lamb stuffed with fetta, anchovies and semi dried tomatoes, on a bed of mint, rosemary and lemons, with kumara and pesto-stuffed vine tommies.





Ginger glazed shallots cooling.



blanched green beans with balsamic glaze and toasted almond flakes.



home made dolmades, ginger-glazed shallots, various mezzes, feta and home made pide in the background.






Before photos of pear, caramelized onion, fresh thyme and blue cheese tart.



After photo.

8 comments:

Jon! said...

Yummo! Wonder where I might have tasted some of these dishes before?

Damn- making the thought of my fresh salad and tinned sirena tuna for dinner seem ever so un-appealing... but I must be a good boy and eat healthy.

Griffin said...

Cor! Wow! And also... did you manage to stand up afterwards? Because I'd have had to sleep for at least an hour before I could move. I mean apart from the odd twitch to prove I wasn't dead yet!

purple goddess said...

tuna salad is just the thing for the weather right now, love.

ANd Griff... in true Greek style, the meal was served over a couple of hours, with plenty of wine and bourbon flowing!

But yes, Furry and I managed a food-induced sleep-in the next morning

Griffin said...

I am impressed the pair of you only required a sleep-in over one morning... but then I'm impressed you managed to leave the table and get to bed in the first place!

I'm guessing you didn't have a choc mint as in, 'just one, it's wa-fer theen...' before exploding.

purple goddess said...

actually, it WAS a rather Mr Creosote moment!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a feast!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a feast!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.