Saturday 1 December 2007

Bloggers go Bakery Barmy!



Well, I am as full as a Mallee bull and it's only 1pm. This morning, Thanh from I eat therefore I am, and Vida from, well, Vida, and Furry and I embarked on a "take-one-for-the team" Bakery Eat-Off.

Four bakeries in 2 hours.

The Force was stromg with us today, young jedi as we met at



Haley's Bakery in Noble Park. It's a Chilean bakery and serves lots of yummy things that Vida is going to identuify for us. Apparently the cartoon pic on the window is a famous Chilean cartoon character.

I have no idea what these thing we bought are, but here are some of the delights we sampled...



doughnuts with custard filling



puff pastry roll, filled with dulce du leche











mille feuille-y things



Thanh, who has a hangover that could kill a spotted dog, gets some sweet, sweet, custardy goodness into him!!

Next stop is:



And we try....



cheesey empanada goodness...



meaty, oniony, olivey, eggy empanada goodness...





Next stop...



for...

















And a final stop, for...





(and no, that's NOT a brie)

I'd post more, but my liver is processing the 45 basquillion calories I ingested this morning, so it's off for an afternoon nanny nap for me!!!

8 comments:

Vida said...

The cartoon figure is Condorito, from the Condor which is the eagle that famously flies around the Andes that separate Chile and Argentina... It is a extremely popular comic book in Chile. Vida x

thanh7580 said...

It was great to catch up again Ella. Thanks heaps for the car ride. Also, please send me the details about Dromana as I really would like to visit.

Vida said...

Hey Ella, thanks for your comment and you are very welcome. I wanted to ask you that I be the one to answer people's queries on my blog... If you and Thanh give up all the info it kinda takes the fun out of it for me. Much appreciated, Vida x

Cindy said...

I feel full just having looked at those luscious photos!

SonyaMadden said...

I'm drooling.....

grocer said...

I'm surprised you're able to type around the increasing girth you deserve to have!

Anonymous said...

could I get the address of these places?!?! or contact information? Im looking at making some big orders!

propecia said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about Bloggers go Bakery Barmy! I really enjoyed reading this blog and I would like to have any update about it, thanks for sharing!!