Wednesday 2 July 2008

I 'av a col in by doze.


I very rarely get sick. I am VERY accident prone, and regularly hurt myself (there was the Great-Pole-Dancing-On-Vodka disaster on 2005 and the Fall-Off-My-5-Inch-Heels foot fracture of 2007), but sick? Not so much.

And as I am a nurse, I am also officially World's Worst Patient.

Poor Furry does put up with a lot on the rare occasions I come down with the lurgy.

Well, this one is a doozey. I can't breathe, I can't smell and I certainly can't taste. So the post I had planned about last nights pork belly Rogan Josh is useless. The pics are great, but the whole thing tasted like some weird molecular gastronomy dish.. it had texture but no flavour. Maybe I can make it fly as "Au du Strepsils Throat lozenge formed as Sauteed Pork Belly with jus"?

And a small note. Strepsils Throat lozenges make even the BEST wine taste like panther piss filtered thru the rotting caul of a baby alpaca. With a hint of honey.

My throat is lined the industrial grade sandpaper, and I am in a foul mood. Think PMS on speed, ok?

Not.

Happy.

Jan.

We will shortly be returning you to your regularly scheduled pg, but in the mean time, I would like you all to send me some Jewish Penicillin and something with flava.

Bah Humbug.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

PMS on speed. Oh, I know how ya feel. Slices of ginger and lemon steeped in hot water?

It's crap when you can't get ANYthing out of a Rogan Josh.

Hey, when are you going to be in Notebook?

thanh7580 said...

Get better soon PG.

stickyfingers said...

I wish you a vat of beef Pho to comfort you. The Chinese say beef or pork is best for a cold because chicken cools the chi. Drinking potions made with stinky herbs from Dr Tony Lo in Carrington Road, Box Hill works too.

Know how you feel luvvie. My last episode meant no blogging for ages. Frustrating. I should have bitten the bullet and visited Dr Quack.

purple goddess said...

Thanks for the love, loves...

Lucy, the Notebook thingy is in the Sept ed.

and Stiky, I am off to the quack this afternoon.. I think I needs me some antibiotics.

Bah.

grocer said...

oh noes.
get better soon.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?