Monday 1 October 2007

Rainbow Baked Ricotta...


My camera is down Chez Fur, so I grabbed this image off Always Fresh, the makers of my new obsession, tapenades... I used some Basil and Parmesan a couple of weeks ago and it was beyond divine!!! Imagine my excitement when I discovered they have three more flavours!!! I made this recipe over the weekend for friends, and it turned out JUST LIKE IN THE PICS!!!

So, without further ado, here is the recipe..



Ingredients:

  • 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
  • 1 tablespoon pine nuts
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 100g baby spinach leaves
  • 1¼ cups (250g) low-fat ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten lightly
  • 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
  • 2 tablespoons each Always Fresh Fusions Tapenade Tomato, Basil and Parmesan and Black Olive

Method:

Preheat oven to hot (220°C/200°C fan-forced). Lightly oil four holes of a six-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin/friand pan.

Heat half of the oil in a medium frying pan; cook pine nuts and garlic until fragrant. Add spinach; stir until wilted. Cool.

Combine spinach mixture in a medium bowl with cheese, egg and chives; Add 2 tablespoons desired tapenade to each muffin hole. Divide the cheese mixture among prepared holes. Bake in a hot oven for about 15 minutes or until browned.

Serve baked ricotta with grissini and/or garlic ciabatta.

**from the Always Fresh Web Site**

0 comments: